An awareness course designed to provide attendees with an introduction to environmental management systems based on the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard and how this standard can be used to develop and
improve and environmental management system. In the past some companies may have seen environmental management as a luxury that they could ill afford but things are changing. Legislation designed to protect
the environment has steadily increased and many customers use environmental performance as a key selection criteria when awarding contracts. This means that a systematic approach to environmental management
can often make good commercial and financial sense..
Objectives / Benefits:
This course will equip delegates with an understanding of the development and application of environmental management techniques and how the ISO 14001:2015 standard is interpreted and implemented..
On completion of the course we expect delegates to be able to:
- Describe the purpose of an environmental management system.
- Explain the purpose, content of ISO 14001.
- Interpret the specific requirements of ISO 14001 in the context of an effectively implemented environmental management system.
Course 1 : ISO 14001:2015 Foundation Training
Decision makers and managers at all levels who need to understand the fundamentals and practical implementation requirements of an effective Environmental Management System (EMS). Environmental Managers or those with responsibility for maintaining an
existing EMS to a recognized standard will also find this course very useful. Also useful to anyone who needs an introduction to environmental management.
- Benefits of an effective EMS to businesses.
- Essential environmental terminology and familiarization with ISO 14001 definitions.
- Purpose and intent of an environmental management system.
- Environmental issues and how to assess and determine environmental aspects and impacts.
- Understanding organizational context and a risk-based approach.
- Summary of key environmental legislation and relevance of legislation to an EMS.
- Structure and key requirements of ISO 14001.
- Setting environmental objectives.
- Continual improvement process for an EMS.
- Monitoring, measurement and analysis.