Lean Six Sigma is a set of principles, methods, tools and techniques for process improvement in all forms of work and business. Most of its principles, methods, tools and techniques have been developed over many
decades and even centuries…however the term ‘Lean’ developed out of the effective implementation of these principles, methods, tools and techniques by Toyota car manufacturing in the 1960’s, 70’s and 80’s and
the term ‘Six Sigma’ was coined by Motorola in the 1980’s as the name for their Quality improvement program. Six Sigma, a data-driven approach to eliminate defects in processes, was introduced and developed
at Motorola. Statistical analyses of processes are combined with organizational rewards. Six Sigma evolved side-by-side with Lean, and although once independent entities, they are now combined.
Objectives / Benefits:
Lean Six Sigma provides a comprehensive and proven approach for the positive transformation of any organisation by using its principles, methods, tools and techniques to improve the key processes that make up the organization.
Lean Six Sigma specifically offers the following benefits:
- Improved Quality of products and services
- Lower amounts of defects, scrap and rework
- Improved delivery times
- Reduced waiting times
- Reduced costs
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Improved employee morale
Course 1 : Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
The 3 day classroomILSSI
certification Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt program is designed for a professional who requires an understanding of the
basics of the Lean Six Sigma Methodology and its Tools and Techniques. The use of interactive training and practical experience help students to experience the principles, tools and techniques
for themselves. A Yellow Belt typically will support process improvement projects as a part of a team.
- 3 Day (24hrs) Training
- Process Improvement Training
- Live Classroom / In-house Training
- ILSSI Certified
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training and certification provides an insight to the tools and techniques of Lean and Six Sigma and its process improvement methodologies. As a Yellow Belt you will be ready to participate as a core team member or subject matter
expert on a project within your company. Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training gives employees a stronger understanding of processes, enabling trainees to provide meaningful assistance in process
improvement to achieve the organization’s objectives. Yellow Belt completion provides the steppingstones towards Green Belt and Black Belt Certification. The Yellow Belt is an ideal introduction
and starting point to for Lean & Six Sigma
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma.
- Key Concepts of Lean Six Sigma.
- Lean and Six Sigma Tools & Techniques.
- Framework Problem Solving Projects (DMAIC).
- Continuous Improvement (Kaizen).
- Sustaining a Lean Six Sigma culture.
- What is Lean Six Sigma :
- Lean Six Sigma Timeline
- Toyota Production System (TPS)
- Origins of Six Sigma
- Lean Principles
- Six Sigma Principles
- Lean Six Sigma for Process Improvement
- Key Concepts of Lean Six Sigma :
- Value and Waste.
- The 8 Wastes.
- Value Stream Mapping
- Gemba Management.
- Involve and Respect Workers
- Gemba Management
- Lean Six Sigma Tools and Techniques :
- Visual Management.
- Value Stream Mapping.
- Standardized Work.
- Mistake Proofing (Poka Yoke).
- Quick Change Over (SMED).
- Quality Tools (Ishikawa’s Tools).
- Pareto Principle (80 /20 rule).
- Problem Solving and DMAIC:
- DMAIC Roadmap.
- Define Phase.
- Measure Phase.
- Analyse Phase.
- Improve Phase.
- Control Phase.
- Continuous Improvement (Kaizen):
- Kaizen Events.
- PDCA Cycle.
- Continuous Improvement (Kaizen):
- Kaizen Events.
- PDCA Cycle .
- Developing and Sustaining a Lean Six Sigma culture :
- Role of Lean Champions.
- Critical Success Factors.
- Lean Six Sigma Lessons .
- Revision of Mock Exam Questions
ILSSI conduct online examination with a pass rates for Lean Six Sigma Certification exam, consists of multiple-choice questions and Each question only has one correct answer. Time Allowed: 90 Minutes No. Of Questions: 50 MCQ
Upon successful exam pass, trainees will receive ILSSI Green Belt Certification. All the Lean Six Sigma exams and certifications are Internationally Accredited and Certified by the ILSSI, based in the UK and international partners.
Certificates are sent out as electronic certificates in PDF format for Lean Six Sigma Yellow, Green and Black Belt exams. However, if you require paper certificates, we can arrange this
at an extra cost.
- Provide ILSSI standard training material (Program Book)
- Provide registration to ILSSI online exam
- Provide professional training & coaching
- Provide adequate classroom, free lunch & refreshments
This program will provide information about the Lean & Six Sigma methodologies
- Business improvement team member.
- Team leaders & section heads.
- Business professionals or companies who desire a foundation in Lean Six Sigma and wish to be able to lead simple lean based improvement efforts.
There are no prerequisites for this 3-day Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Program other than:
- Basic understanding of mathematics.
- Good command of English.
All training material and equipment will be provided for Yellow Belt students. No laptop is required for this class