Lean Six Sigma is a set of principles, methods, tools and techniques for process improvement in all forms of work and business. Most of its principles, methods, tools and techniques have been developed over many
decades and even centuries…however the term ‘Lean’ developed out of the effective implementation of these principles, methods, tools and techniques by Toyota car manufacturing in the 1960’s, 70’s and 80’s and
the term ‘Six Sigma’ was coined by Motorola in the 1980’s as the name for their Quality improvement program. Six Sigma, a data-driven approach to eliminate defects in processes, was introduced and developed
at Motorola. Statistical analyses of processes are combined with organizational rewards. Six Sigma evolved side-by-side with Lean, and although once independent entities, they are now combined.
Objectives / Benefits:
Lean Six Sigma provides a comprehensive and proven approach for the positive transformation of any organisation by using its principles, methods, tools and techniques to improve the key processes that make up the organization.
Lean Six Sigma specifically offers the following benefits:
- Improved Quality of products and services
- Lower amounts of defects, scrap and rework
- Improved delivery times
- Reduced waiting times
- Reduced costs
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Improved employee morale
Course 1 : Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
The 5 day classroom ILSSI
certification Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Program is designed to train managers and specialist how to use Lean Six Sigma
methods, tools and techniques to improve their business processes. The Program also coaches the delegates how to lead small to medium sized process improvement projects using the DMAIC framework.
A Green Belt typically will support process improvement projects as a leader or a team member of complex improvement projects.
- 5 Day (40hrs) Training
- Process Improvement Training
- Live Classroom / In-house Training
- ILSSI Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training and certification introduces the trainees to more complex Six Sigma statistical methods as well as Lean Leadership styles and developing a Lean Culture in the workplace. As a certified Green Belt you will be capable
of leading teams and coaching and mentoring team members or subject matter experts within your company. The 5-day training class will enhance the problem-solving skills and leadership skills
of the trainees and stimulate them to take positive action for process improvement when they return to their workplace.
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma .
- Lean Principles and Tools .
- Six Sigma and DMAIC Phases .
- What is Lean Six Sigma :
- Lean Six Sigma Timeline
- Toyota Production System (TPS)
- Origins of Six Sigma
- Lean Principles
- Six Sigma Principles
- Lean Six Sigma Timeline
- Lean Six Sigma Roles and Responsibilities
- Value-Add vs Waste
- Lean Principles and Tools :
- Voice of the Customer (VOC) and CTQ Process
- Process Mapping
- Value Stream Mapping
- Pull, Kanban and Flow
- Involve and Respect Workers
- Gemba Management
- Visual Management
- Standardized Work (SOP)
- Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Define Phase :
- Problem and Project Selection and Definition
- Business Case Project Charter
- Measure Phase :
- Process Discovery
- Fishbone Diagram
- Pareto Analysis
- FMEA (Risk Analysis)
- Six Sigma Statistics
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Process Capability Analysis
- Analyse phase :
- Correlation and Regression Analysis Part 1
- Multi-Vari Analysis
- Process Modeling Correlation and Regression Analysis Part 2
- Introduction to Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Inferential Statistics
- Central Limit Theorem
- Standard Error of the Mean (SEM)
- Hypothesis Testing
- Improve Phase :
- Implementing Solutions in Your Organization
- Control Phase :
- Lean Six Sigma Control
- Control Plans
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Control Charts
- Financial Calculations in Control Phase
- Revision of Mock Exam Questions
ILSSI conduct online examination with a pass rates for Lean Six Sigma Certification exam, consists of multiple-choice questions and Each question only has one correct answer. Time Allowed: 120 Minutes No. Of Questions: 100 MCQ
Upon successful exam pass, trainees will receive ILSSI Green Belt Certification. All the Lean Six Sigma exams and certifications are Internationally Accredited and Certified by the ILSSI, based in the UK and international partners.
Certificates are sent out as electronic certificates in PDF format for Lean Six Sigma Yellow, Green and Black Belt exams. However, if you require paper certificates, we can arrange this
at an extra cost.
- Provide ILSSI standard training material (Program Book)
- Provide registration to ILSSI online exam
- Provide professional training & coaching
- Provide adequate classroom, free lunch & refreshments
This program has been designed to build your knowledge and capability to improve the performance of processes and subsequently the performance of the business of which you are a part.
- Leaders or members involved with and committed to process improvements
- Individuals seeking to improve business, production, or service processes
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of Lean / Six Sigma projects
There are no prerequisites for this 5-day Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Program other than
- Basic understanding of mathematics.
- Good command of English
Those students already holding a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification may benefit from their prior knowledge and understanding of overlapping concepts across both Programs.
All training material and equipment will be provided for Green Belt students. No laptop is required for this class.