Lean Six Sigma is a set of principles, methods, tools and techniques for process improvement in all forms of work and business. Most of its principles, methods, tools and techniques have been developed over many
decades and even centuries…however the term ‘Lean’ developed out of the effective implementation of these principles, methods, tools and techniques by Toyota car manufacturing in the 1960’s, 70’s and 80’s and
the term ‘Six Sigma’ was coined by Motorola in the 1980’s as the name for their Quality improvement program. Six Sigma, a data-driven approach to eliminate defects in processes, was introduced and developed
at Motorola. Statistical analyses of processes are combined with organizational rewards. Six Sigma evolved side-by-side with Lean, and although once independent entities, they are now combined.
Objectives / Benefits:
Lean Six Sigma provides a comprehensive and proven approach for the positive transformation of any organisation by using its principles, methods, tools and techniques to improve the key processes that make up the organization.
Lean Six Sigma specifically offers the following benefits:
- Improved Quality of products and services
- Lower amounts of defects, scrap and rework
- Improved delivery times
- Reduced waiting times
- Reduced costs
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Improved employee morale
Course 1 : Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
The 8 day classroomILSSI
certification Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Program is designed for a professional who has no previous Lean Six Sigma training
and requires an in-depth understanding of Lean Six Sigma Methodology. The Lean Six Sigma black belt Program covers tools and techniques useful to improve the process, reduce waste and minimize
defects in the end product or service with a focus on the practical implementation of these tool and techniques in the organization. A Black Belt typically will support professional to lead continuous
improvement and DMAIC projects in their organizations.
- 8 Day (64hrs) Training
- Process Improvement Training
- Live Classroom / In-house Training
- ILSSI Certified
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt 8-day training Program provides the detailed understanding of the methodologies, tools and techniques of Lean and Six Sigma necessary for leading teams and coaching and mentoring other employees for reduction in costs, cycle-times,
improved quality, and elimination of waste. The trainees will complete the Program with the tools and understanding of Lean Six Sigma methodology necessary to make both tactical and strategic
decisions and consider the impacts of projects and changes at both an operational and an enterprise level. The training emphasises a disciplined and data-driven decision making approach for leading
- Gain comprehensive knowledge about the tool and techniques, advantages, and challenges of the Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Apply DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) and various six sigma tools in process and quality improvement.
- Communicate using Lean Six Sigma concepts.
- Assess and manage project risk.
- Avoid pitfalls in implementing Lean Six Sigma.
- Be prepared with the proper tools and techniques to find root causes and solutions on production issues in their organizations.
- What is Lean Six Sigma :
- Lean Six Sigma Timeline
- Toyota Production System (TPS)
- Origins of Six Sigma
- Lean Principles
- Six Sigma Principles
- Lean Six Sigma Timeline
- Lean Six Sigma Roles and Responsibilities
- Value-Add vs Waste
- Lean Principles and Tools :
- Voice of the Customer (VOC) and CTQ Process
- Process Mapping
- Value Stream Mapping
- Pull, Kanban and Flow
- Involve and Respect Workers
- Gemba Management
- Visual Management
- Standardized Work (SOP)
- Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Define Phase :
- Problem and Project Selection and Definition
- Business Case Project Charter
- Measure Phase :
- Process Discovery
- Fishbone Diagram
- Pareto Analysis
- FMEA (Risk Analysis)
- Six Sigma Statistics
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Process Capability Analysis
- Analyse phase :
- Correlation and Regression Analysis Part 1
- Multi-Vari Analysis
- Process Modeling Correlation and Regression Analysis Part 2
- Introduction to Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Inferential Statistics
- Central Limit Theorem
- Standard Error of the Mean (SEM)
- Hypothesis Testing
- Improve Phase :
- Implementing Solutions in Your Organization
- Control Phase :
- Lean Six Sigma Control
- Control Plans
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Control Charts
- Financial Calculations in Control Phase
- Roles and Responsibilities of Black Belt.
- Strategic Planning: Hoshin Kanri.
- Executive Case Study in Hoshin Kanri.
- DMAIC Projects for Black Belts
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
- Quality Function Deployment QFD.
- Case Study in Robust Design
- Advanced Hypothesis Testing (Normal Data)
- Advanced Hypothesis Testing (Non-Normal Data)
- Advanced Hypothesis Testing (Attribute Data)
- Advanced Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Response Surface Methods (RSM)
- Method of Steepest Ascent (or Descent)
- Binomial and Poisson Distributions
- Measurement System Analysis for Attribute Data
- The strategic Importance of Stakeholder
- Management for Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Management for Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Revision of Mock Exam Questions
ILSSI conduct online examination with a pass rates for Lean Six Sigma Certification exam, consists of multiple-choice questions and Each question only has one correct answer. Time Allowed: 210 Minutes No. Of Questions: 150 MCQ
Upon successful exam pass, trainees will receive ILSSI Green Belt Certification. All the Lean Six Sigma exams and certifications are Internationally Accredited and Certified by the ILSSI, based in the UK and international partners.
Certificates are sent out as electronic certificates in PDF format for Lean Six Sigma Yellow, Green and Black Belt exams. However, if you require paper certificates, we can arrange this
at an extra cost.
- Provide ILSSI standard training material (Program Book)
- Provide registration to ILSSI online exam
- Provide professional training & coaching
- Provide adequate classroom, free lunch & refreshments
This program has been designed to provide Professionals with in-depth training in advanced Lean and Six Sigma methods tools and techniques
- Professional problem solvers, Continuous Improvement experts
- Certified Green Belts looking to develop in-depth Lean and Six Sigma knowledge and analytical and practical leadership skills
Trainees are expected to have a basic knowledge and understanding of mathematics and have worked in project teams in a work or educational environment. It is not required that trainees hold a certificate in Six Sigma Green or Yellow Belt prior to taking
this 8-day Black Belt Program. Those Trainees already with Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training and certification are advised to sign-up for the 3-day Black Belt Program instead of the 8-day Program.
All training material and equipment will be provided for Green Belt students. A (Windows 7 or higher) laptop is required for this class for Minitab 18 or Minitab Express